The Apocalypse

 The Apocalypse

-Ishana Ghosh


The blazing fire's raging within,
the cold storms are rushing by
and in this moment of desperation and pain,
the towering waves are rising higher,
messing up the sand that lay inside.
All's being crushed;
being broken and being torn,
but there's no word that I could say.
Who would have imagined
that this day would have come,
when fire and water work hand in hand
to kill and to destroy, everything at bay.
Don't know what to do anymore;
there's no escape route that exists,
and the most amazing thing of all
is that I've never felt it so intensely before.
Seems like every glass that was ever broken
is being thrown back at me, all at once.
Don't know what to do anymore;
there's no way that I can see.
Should I use the warmth to dry the water
and let the fire consume me?
Or should I take the help of water
to douse the fire, and in return,
let the waves break down on me?
At a loss of words, I just wish
a guardian angel, the kind we hear of
in stories, would drop by
and provide the courage and strength
that no human could fathom of,
'cause after all, they'd never know it was needed.
But the angel's supposed to know everything, right?
Why then is it nowhere in sight?
Is he or she afraid, too,
of the darkness that resides inside?
Yes, I wonder whether the angel already knows
better, than to indulge with someone,
whose inside is so dark,
that blackness is all you see
when you care enough, to peep inside,
and look straight at the heart.


____________

Comments

  1. Love to see the anxiety you've tried to depict with a feeling of not knowing but still wanting answers towards such a phenomena from where you can never leave! This is it the Apocalypse!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment