Now I See

 NOW I SEE

-ISHANA GHOSH



Eyes wide open; staring at that,
which lay in the front,
stretching mile after mile
and yet, it is no better
than seeing nothing at all.
Interpreting the illusion,
that's carved out of the genius
of each being that breathes to live,
seems like the delusion
of an insane, raving lunatic
and true enough, that's all
there is, to it.
It's an illusion to make
'delusional' sound like sanity.
It's the answer to the 'why'
of seeing everything, with
a pair of eyes, facing forward,
and yet, perceiving absolutely nothing.
It's the art of the magician,
that lives inside each of us,
making us experts at creating
a labyrinth in the within.
a maze that stays behind lock and key,
that's tucked away
from the eyes of the beholder,
for as long as it takes, to count
all the water drops of the sea.
They say, it is 'beauty' that lies within
but, beware of deception!
Since the maze is where, all of
the thorns, the darkness and
the regrets are stored away,
rendering the eyes incapable
of crossing the barriers
and seeing at all, but making it seem
as though the path till before the wall
is all the path there is.
The moment I realised this,
the colour faded and it was pitch dark
in front of me. I wailed,
'Why can't I see anything at all??
Have I turned blind for the rest
of my mortal life?"
And at that moment, I saw.
I saw a person moving forward,
through the darkness,
that was engulfing me.
Panic-stricken as I was,
I shouted out to her,
"How are you moving forward?
How are you being able to see?"
She turned towards me,
and with a stare that seemed
to pierce through me, and
a smile of utter modesty, she said,
"It's not the eyes, you know.
It's the heart that's going to help you see." 

_________

Comments

  1. Awesome....just awesome!!!!!!
    You know .....sometimes words fall short to appreciate such beutiful art...
    Glad to meet one of the finest poets of future...

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I am honoured to have met someone who used such high praise for some lines that are probably not half as good...
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment