Dawn at Dusk


Dawn at Dusk

-Ishana Ghosh





The scorching sun slowly moves away.
As it moves past the horizon,
I let go of that shade
which holds me back...
The whiff of fresh air blows past me
and takes me back to the day, when
true happiness I could see
and it gave me an ecstasy.
My eyes are then drawn
to the sky welcoming dusk,
and it's like a new dawn, 
for my inside that's torn, into little pieces.
The blue and the orange merge,
in their place behind the clouds
and I feel like someone
who's had whole of life painted
on the canvas before her eyes.
The colour that reflects
on the seas that show
both happiness and misery,
is the journey that we undertake
to reach adulthood from infancy.
It shows me the pain
of leaving something behind
but also helps me see,
the promises of maturity.
Mystical as it is,
one learns to enjoy this perplexity.
Learning through experience,
hinging for the unexpected,
it's all of life that's not fantasy.
And then there's that tint
that hints of extremities, but also of love.
The bigger problems of life lie there,
the ones that can crush us completely,
if we allow them to
or can become bad memories,
we choose to live through.
This bad chapter is all the same
necessary, 'cause without it,
you can never really feel happy.
It becomes a lesson for each,
that goodness cannot teach.
It is adventure, and danger,
one that does more good than harm.
Then there's those white fluffs
that stand for love and hope.
When I look at those clouds
that float around above my house,
I see all that we cling on to,
to live our lives without getting crushed.
I see happiness as raw and true,
an overload of inspiration
with motivation to get us through.
But there's the wind
that carries it around,
allowing it to not rest at a single place,
almost as if being permanent,
is just not allowed.
And you can't even grip it
and keep it between your fingers,
you can only feel it
when it comes, believing 
that it always will come back.
This enchanting feeling that I feel
when I look at this picture so real,
is everything that keeps me rooted
and yet, this is what
pulls me towards the canvas
that has life painted on it.
It beckons me to spread my wings and fly,
to fly into the unknown.
Maybe we could all be birds,
in spirit, that is all.
But we should also not forget,
to keep our feet on the ground,
and I guess to teach me just that,
darkness pulled those strokes 
on that canvas in the sky, 
which I so fell in love with
and reminded me to hold on,
to this mystery and ecstasy of a life,
that I am lucky enough
to have been gifted.
And even this darkness,
felt so enchanting...
that I have to confess,
my world got turned around.


_________________________________________

Comments