Screams

'Screams'


-Ishana Ghosh



There's this something inside of me
wanting to scream with all the air in my lungs
and wanting to break free,
from the shackles of existence, and
the expectations to accomplish
what cannot and will not be.
Lame questions like ' Why?
Why does the world have to be like this?
Why does a person do 'that' to another?'
keep popping up in my head,
even though I know very well
it is human nature, to want to defy
everyone and everything, including death.
And yet, there's a voice inside me
screaming and shrieking
at the people around, telling them
to stop this insanity, just for once.
The incessant chaos around me
is too much to take, but
that voice inside, is trying it's best
to raise itself above all that noise
and say, 'Give it a rest.
Stop talking, could you, just for a sec?'
But those people around,
whom, when you look at, all you see
is a complex network of emotions and
feelings, all of which, you are willing
to understand, all of whom,
you want to aid,
but 'they', they don't understand
even for a moment,. that
this chaos they have created,
this constant movement of lips
and this incessant flow of sounds,
all of which are varied,
is toxic to any kind of peace.
The web of lies all around,
the self interests placed on each table
and the arguments for them, profound,
are chewing away at the soil 
under the feet of what is called 'stability'.
And it is not that I don't understand
'cause my head understands
that each one here, is a human, after all,
with human feelings and human complications
and it is wrong to want, to
mould everything to perfection.
But there is nothing I can do
to get my heart to agree too
with what logic has to say
because who am I?
Except a living, breathing human
meant to be imperfectly perfect.

_____________

Comments