I've Made A Mess

I've Made A Mess

- Ishana Ghosh


Everything around me
seems so messed up
that I have to wonder
what exactly it was
that made me lose control.
I try to think, and
all I see in the scenery
is a heap of ' to-be-done'
with a little trace of ' actually doing'.
Stuck at home, with
loads of time and scope,
I see the seconds ticking away.
Words like 'I was born to be this way'
stop making sense, as
I see my calm, my peace,
my leisure slipping away...
Every sentence that I make with 'can't'
is the 'excuse' part of my rant.
'Cause the fuse in my head
has begun to snap too often
and raising my voice
is no more too rare...
Distracting myself with movies
and music; and I reckon
it's not the best way to get rid
of a troubled mind, deemed unfit.
This mess is mine to clean,
I know that all too well.
But I can't make any promises,
and I just hope, that,
You will understand.

_________

Comments