Hiding What's Inside

Hiding What's Inside

- Ishana Ghosh



"Hello!
I am... Um... Actually I do...
Leave. Why not say something about you?"

Yeah I know
You were listening.
Yeah I know
I had to say you something.
But unfortunately,
I couldn't bring myself to...
I suddenly felt,
'How could I say you?'
There are so many secrets
bubbling inside.
There are so many things 
that bring crushing tides...
But when I look at you
and the desire to express
rises from within,
I go weak at the knees,
My courage subsides, and I say,
"How's everythin'?"
I can't just say you
what's going on within.
'Being an open book'
At the mere thought, dread fills in.
I know you care,
I know you will listen,
I know how much, sometimes, 
I strive to blend in.
But it's just so difficult
to bring out what's inside...
Because if I do,
I'm afraid there'll be nothing left to hide.
Opening up, for me,
is the most difficult thing.
I don't wanna be vulnerable,
Is it ok then, if I shut myself in?
I hear people on the net
say, we must share our story
but what after that?
As who, will people know me?
That rock- personality
which I've built up and I wear,
That'll be in vain, if I tell you
How little my soft heart can bear.
When I publish in my blog,
it is such a contradiction
'cause I don't wanna share with all, what's inside
I don't want ANY extra attention.
But still, here I am
because someone on YouTube inspired me.
I wonder what'll happen if I share...
Will I then feel I belong in this society?

_____

Comments