The Thing Called 'DESPAIR'


    The Thing Called 'DESPAIR'

                                                  -Ishana Ghosh



I am fed up 
Of the thing called 'life'.
My mind can't take it anymore
And I am always feeling this...
This terrible feeling!
I can't get rid of it
I can't turn myself from
Pessimistic to optimistic.


My exams are going on...
Today's mistake makes me feel
SO horribly stupid.
And I can't concentrate
I am distracted towards 
A hundred things
that this versatile panorama called 'life'
presents to me.

I can no more
bring myself to look straight.
I can no more
understand why I feel so bereft...
What is it that I seek?
What is it
that is my first priority?
Being sad, or being happy?

My mind is swirling 
in a storm of thoughts;
thoughts that are depressing
and thoughts that keep me down.
I ask the question,
"Why does it have to be me??"
Never realising for once
that problems are meant to be.

There are so many people 
in this world,
and there are so many things they do
that have the potential to irk you
And like a naive person,
I let them anger me;
pouring the acid in my container...
"Calm"- HOW CAN I BE?

Every little bad thing
that has ever happened to me,
I bring them back again and again;
never being able to forget and be free.
I feel to shout out,
to break things and hurt
my body and my soul
But again, I don't want the "CUT".

It is time for me to let go and see
But I just CAN'T!!
I hesitate, to ask for help
even to the person
who could understand,
'cause everyone has problems;
Why should I give mine
a greater stand?

I don't belief
in the thing called 'blind belief'
I don't know if
there is a God who exists...
All I know is
If someone's really there who'd care,
He wouldn't have created
The Thing Called 'DESPAIR'.



_________

    

Comments