Teardrops ...

The Tearful Soul

-Ishana Ghosh








Tears flow down

I don't know why...
Tears flow down
No. This time I won't lie.

Your words have wounded me
Yes. Even if I pretend they haven't.
It's time you knew
when you said things, what really happened.

My shield might have deceived you
Or maybe it was my casual smile...
But only because I didn't want you knowing
That I was dying inside.

I believed I was strong
and convinced you so, too
But only my pillow and my wall know
how difficult it was, for me to go through.

The sadist in me
got regular food.
It was I who was deprived
Of believing in good.

I bawled my eyes out,
I cursed my fate,
I doubted ME
and found how easy it was, to hate...

I just was 
who I thought I liked to be.
But I guess, you found that
to be a fault in me.

And I didn't know before 
that your words mattered
But I found myself spending hours in trying to heal
My soft heart which was already battered.

Tears flow down
when these memories come for a visit.
Tears flow down...
Won't you teach me now how to control it?



__________

Comments